LA Appointment Regularity

Discuss Los Angeles events, haunts, trends, and other information not relevant to community members in other locations.
blancoley

Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:48 am

Hey there! Posted this in the audition-focused forum as well, but just really curious to hear from any LA locals. Especially for any tv/film actors.

Of course, the answer is going to vary depending on your agent/manager, and on who you are as an actor, but with what frequency do you get audition appointments?

I'm at a stage where I'm leaning more towards tv/film than anything else, but I'm NYC-based. I feel fairly settled, but if tv/film work opportunities are just exponentially higher in LA, then maybe that's where I should be. Would love to hear your thoughts! :?:
Voiceover Actor | NYC
akneely

Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:00 pm

Really depends! Commercial work has been fairly slow of late, and for the most part pilot season started/ended a bit later this year.

It also depends on how long you've been in the business. If CDs know you, perhaps you'll be getting called in more. These things just take time, and so if you've already established yourself from NYC offices, then maybe try to build up credits here first. You don't want to become known by NYC offices and then suddenly no longer be able to work as a local hire if you move.
It's a wonderful life. 8-) :arrow: :mrgreen:
Corinnei

Thu May 03, 2018 9:03 am

I agree with the young lady above,
I made the mistake of moving to LA just when I was starting to blossom in NYC and I’ve been here in LA for 13 years since and it’s still just like trying to break the ice!

It’s not smart to move until they start calling for you...
Comic/Writer/Actress/Jew Rican