SAG Softball Team

Announcements and industry news of value to the ActorParlor community. Please feel free to share what you find online, in magazines, on flyers, and elsewhere.
harolderic

Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:40 pm

Passing this along for those who are interested:
Teams from the Performing Artists Softball League (in which SAG-AFTRA participates) are looking for players. Tryouts will be held on every Monday between now and the start of the season on April 16. Managers from league teams will be present during tryouts.

Regular season games are played on Mondays at Heckscher Fields in Central Park at noon and 2 p.m. Players must be available on Monday afternoons.

Male and female players over 18 years of age are welcome. Basic softball skills and experience are required, but professional ball players are prohibited per league rules. There is no fee to join. You must bring your own glove.

No need to RSVP, just show up at the tryout time with your current paid-up membership card or digital card in the member app. Games begin in April and continue into Sept., but players may join mid-season if spots are open. If you can run, hit and cheer loudly for your teammates, you are welcome to join.

Questions? Send an email with “SOFTBALL” in the subject line to newyork@sagaftra.org.
Full Link: https://www.sagaftra.org/locals/new-yor ... 93-april-9
When life gives you eggs, make an omelette. :lol:
kieradelaney

Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:10 pm

I'm so disappointed - looks like they're not doing tryouts on the 9th (supposed to be the last day) after all... Seems like they already filled the roster. Didn't know they were filling it on a rolling basis! :cry:
Just living the dream.
mikeyd
Mood:

Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:11 am

That's a bummer. I might've wanted to try out! Always next year!
There's too much pressure to put a funny forum signature here. Therefore, I shall be very, very serious. ;)