So you want to become a contributor? You’re in the right place.
We appreciate your interest. ActorParlor is growing rapidly, and we love to share content that will benefit or engage those in the entertainment industry. Guest posts and contributors provide us and our readers with new ideas and different perspectives, and ensure a variety of exciting and engaging content.
Our standards for our own writing are high; likewise, we ensure that submitted information is genuine and interesting. Be sure to read the following instructions before you make your first submission.
- Original Content – Your contribution should be original. Please do not submit content that you have not written. With that said, if you would like to submit content that you have used on your own blog/website (or elsewhere), you are more than welcome to do so.
- Spelling and Grammar – Your contribution should be proofread before submitting. An error-filled article will not be published. However, we offer a free proofreading service for all submissions. Simply check the box on the submission page to consent to article proofreading.
- Length of Article – Your contribution should have a minimum of 400 words. If your submission is primarily media-based (e.g., photos, videos, audio, etc.), simply make a note of this during submission.
- Photos – It is recommended that you submit a minimum of three related photos with your submission. This is not mandatory; however, viewer interest does increase with this additional media. To include photos with your submission, simply email them to email@example.com.
WHAT WE NEED
Guest contributions are intended to benefit those involved or interested in the entertainment industry, extending across any/all fields/activities this involves. Thus, we cannot publish content that isn’t relevant to the industry. With that said, if you believe that your content is somewhat outside the scope of the industry, but still relevant to our audience, please feel free to submit your content.
Be proud of who you are and what you do. There are no background requirements to submit. Perhaps you are an industry veteran or are someone just launching your career. In either circumstance, you will have valuable insights to share.
Not all submissions will be published. Simply, with the magnitude of submissions we receive, not all can be posted.
With that said, this is not the place for career updates. If you would like to request an interview or feature, please visit our Feature Requests page. Likewise, if you would like to invite ActorParlor to cover a reading, screening, performance, or event, whether in the United States or abroad, visit our Event Coverage page.
- Contributors receive a permanent profile on ActorParlor, with relevant websites and social media links listed. This perk applies whether you are a one-time contributor or a regular author.